COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
A national digital pharmacy, OptioRx, is focused on providing best-in-class patient care in niche therapeutics. These therapies include compound custom medications for humans and animals, in the areas of fertility, home-infusion, and hospice. Headquartered in Oakbrook, Illinois, we are a national provider where we service (serve) 48 states and Washington D.C. The OptioRx mission is to create and provide the highest quality care for patients by offering a broad range of pharmaceutical therapies. We are a committed partner to both patients and providers and are continually innovating. Our commitment to patient care results in improved access and speed to therapy by offering services via our proprietary technology and accredited pharmacies.
At OptioRx we value team members with a committed confidence that supports our Core Values. Empowered – put trust in our people and empower them to succeed. Innovative – offer innovative solutions that target growth and scale of OptioRx on a national stage. Efficient – drive efficiency by creating economies of scale and expertise. Accountable – own our commitments and quality of our work, while holding ourselves accountable to drive real results. Ethical – ensure unwavering integrity and business ethics. Energy – move fast with a sense of urgency and honest communication.
This is a great opportunity for an accountant who want to gain experience across a diverse range of accounting work. You’ll ensure the accuracy and input of all transactions for the company in addition to building specialized reporting capabilities as required by the business. With guidance, you’ll be exposed to, and get to do a wide range of accounting transactions and activities. This includes but not limited to work ranging from account reconciliations, journal schedules, cash management, fixed assets, revenue, daily sales, monthly bank statement reconciliation, and cash transfers to name a few. If the challenge of working directly for a Corporate Controller in a highly diverse position that will strengthen your career for future growth.
- Support Controller to ensure financial reporting, policies and procedures, cash management, asset management, accounts payable, revenue and accounts receivable, compliance monitoring, and financial controls are consistent with organization and GAAP audit standards.
- Support Pharmacies with Inventory processes
- Maintain Fixed Asset Records
- Prepare and post journal entries as needed
- Accounts payable review for accruals and work with pharmacy staff and vendors to resolve billing and invoice issues.
- Post daily revenue, reconcile daily revenue to pharmacy system reports and monthly bank
- Post payroll from bi-weekly payroll
- Post and reconcile intercompany
- Complete account
- Prepare end-of-month journal
- Verify and validate financial data and create monthly income statements and balance
- Prepare monthly budget to actual variance
- Prepare or create additional financial reports internally as required
- Improve accounting practices and processes as
- Assist the Controller with year-end close process, financials statements and audit
- Prepare various tax calculations and reports
- Create and maintain accurate cloud-based accounting files and support
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- 0-3 years of experience in corporate accounting
- Previous experience with Sage Intact is beneficial
- Candidates who have demonstrated the ability to clearly and concisely communicate both oral and written
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to multi-task, develop realistic goals and effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong analytics skills with the ability to solve problems and exercise good judgement
- Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point. Experience working and creating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets in an accounting environment is required.
- Utilizes some or all of Microsoft Excel’s features (intermediate skill level)
- Ability to continuously sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend or squat occasionally.
- Ability to lift up-to 10 pounds occasionally.