COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
A national pharmacy, OptioRx, is focused on providing best-in-class patient care in niche therapeutics. These therapies include compound custom medications for humans and animals, in the areas of fertility, home-infusion, and hospice. Headquartered in Oakbrook, Illinois, we are a national provider where we service (serve) 49 states and Washington D.C. The OptioRx mission is to create and provide the highest quality care for patients by offering a broad range of pharmaceutical therapies. We are a committed partner to both patients and providers and are continually innovating. Our commitment to patient care results in improved access and speed to therapy by offering services via our proprietary technology and accredited pharmacies.
At OptioRx we value team members with a committed confidence that supports our Core Values.
- Empowered – put trust in our people and empower them to succeed.
- Innovative – offer innovative solutions that target growth and scale of OptioRx on a national stage.
- Efficient – drive efficiency by creating economies of scale and expertise.
- Accountable – own our commitments and quality of our work, while holding ourselves accountable to drive real results.
- Ethical – ensure unwavering integrity and business ethics.
- Energy – move fast with a sense of urgency and honest communication.
We are looking for a motivated and well-spoken Prescriber Liaison to join our sales team that will focus on growing OptioRx’s compounding program for Vet and Human compounds. The Prescriber Liaison will be responsible for developing and qualifying new leads, communicating with customers, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process. This position will work closely with Marketing and Pharmacy Operations to promote and build relations between OptioRx and prescriber offices. This position will meet either virtually or locally in person with key contacts at the prescriber offices.
- Surveying local primary and specialty physicians to increase the number of patient referrals to the pharmacy.
- Source sales opportunities by focusing on prescribers that had previously referred patients to OptioRx to regain their services.
- Meeting with referring doctors to discuss referrals, answer questions, resolve issues or concerns and thanking them for existing referrals. Meetings can be done virtually or locally in person as directed by the General Manager.
- Communicate with customers and follow up on leads.
- Understand customers’ needs and identify sales opportunities.
- Keep up with product and service information and updates. Communicate to management competitor information obtained in the field. Must stay informed about competing products and services.
- Create and maintain CRM of current and potential customers. This data will be managed within the company provided system or excel.
- Upsell products and services.
- Close sales and achieve sales targets.
- Set and meet sales goals and objectives set by leadership.
- Reporting to the General Manager and ensuring you comply with the marketing/sales goals and company policies.
- Reporting on your progress in building referrals and managing prescriber relationships.
- Education: An associate or bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, healthcare administration, or related field.
- Experience in compounding pharmacy, knowledge of compounding products, formularies, pricing and capabilities of the pharmacy is required.
- 3 – 5 years of outside field experience.
- Ability to upsell and cross-sell is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as Salesforce.com.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent phone and cold calling skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong listening and sales skills.
- Ability to achieve targets.
- Ability to continuously sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend or squat occasionally.
- Ability to lift up-to 10 pounds occasionally.