COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
A national digital pharmacy, OptioRx, is focused on providing best-in-class patient care in niche therapeutics. These therapies include compound custom medications for humans and animals, in the areas of fertility, home-infusion, and hospice. Headquartered in Oakbrook, Illinois, we are a national provider where we service (serve) 48 states and Washington D.C. The OptioRx mission is to create and provide the highest quality care for patients by offering a broad range of pharmaceutical therapies. We are a committed partner to both patients and providers and are continually innovating. Our commitment to patient care results in improved access and speed to therapy by offering services via our proprietary technology and accredited pharmacies.
At OptioRx we value team members with a committed confidence that supports our Core Values. Empowered – put trust in our people and empower them to succeed. Innovative – offer innovative solutions that target growth and scale of OptioRx on a national stage. Efficient – drive efficiency by creating economies of scale and expertise. Accountable – own our commitments and quality of our work, while holding ourselves accountable to drive real results. Ethical – ensure unwavering integrity and business ethics. Energy – move fast with a sense of urgency and honest communication.
The Solution Architect will lead a team dedicated to our core corporate systems. You will be able to apply your experience with our solutions to help our development teams reach the next level of efficiency and service levels and addressing problems with innovation solutions. You are also responsible for developing and refining team strategy and performance goals. You will be responsible for managing a development & support team for systems which are the foundation to our long-term strategy.
The Solution Architect will help assess the needs of the business and look for innovative opportunities to develop and grow the business through effective use of technology. You will investigate feasibility of new technology related requests along with determining best ways to integrate to existing solutions. Based on the breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, you collaborate with other teams to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are needed.
The Solution Architect works with other IT and business leaders, developers and others in the IT organization to deliver quality, standards-compliant software specifications and design.
- Directs, plans, and controls activities of the application programming area.
- Directs all phases of the system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development and/or integration, testing, and on-going maintenance of application programs.
- Provides project expertise on designated programs and projects.
- Determines and manage strategy for environment management, release management, systems support and other related processes.
- Directs team resources using appropriate tools and processes for request management and resource management.
- Create/implement/refine team processes, ensuring that processes align with other teams within the department and across IT.
- Serve as knowledgeable resource to stakeholders and IT regarding product capabilities, business processes, change impacts and integration with other systems.
- Continually research the current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Participates in the identification and selection of information technologies, vendors and/or consulting resources which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives. Includes managing vendor relationships, participating in contract negotiations, and ensuring adherence to requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.
- 2 + years’ experience in IT Solution Architect position.
- Previous project management experience.
- Preference given to candidates that are proficient in the following technologies:
- js, Nest. JS, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, New Relic, Elasticsearch, Redis, Swagger, React, microservice architecture
- Proficient in the following or similar tools:
- Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with various levels of internal and external business partners including, but not limited to peers, subordinates, management, and vendors.
- Ability to direct offshore and remote resources.
- Underlying skills that enables an employee to perform effectively on the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain ethics, integrity and confidentiality needs for human resources, including professional conduct and maintenance of a degree of separation between personal and professional relationships with other employees of the company.
- Experience working in a start-up or fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task daily preferred.
Applicants must be able to pass a background investigation prior to employment.
- Ability to continuously sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend or squat occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.