COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
A national digital pharmacy, OptioRx, is focused on providing best-in-class patient care in niche therapeutics. These therapies include compound custom medications for humans and animals, in the areas of fertility, home-infusion, and hospice. Headquartered in Oakbrook, Illinois, we are a national provider where we service (serve) 48 states and Washington D.C. The OptioRx mission is to create and provide the highest quality care for patients by offering a broad range of pharmaceutical therapies. We are a committed partner to both patients and providers and are continually innovating. Our commitment to patient care results in improved access and speed to therapy by offering services via our proprietary technology and accredited pharmacies.
At OptioRx we value team members with a committed confidence that supports our Core Values. Empowered – put trust in our people and empower them to succeed. Innovative – offer innovative solutions that target growth and scale of OptioRx on a national stage. Efficient – drive efficiency by creating economies of scale and expertise. Accountable – own our commitments and quality of our work, while holding ourselves accountable to drive real results. Ethical – ensure unwavering integrity and business ethics. Energy – move fast with a sense of urgency and honest communication.
The Manager of Infrastructure, Security, and Operations is responsible for building a world class Infrastructure and Operations team capable of supporting our growing business needs. This position will provide overall strategic and operational leadership for all aspects of IT Infrastructure, cloud/infrastructure operations, security, and end user support including hardware design and delivery, network technologies, server and storage, WAN, LAN, IP telephony, system administration, collaboration, directory services, hardware & end user computing services. The candidate must have strong cloud management, security management, and managed services experience with the ability to build a team, deliver on financial commitments all while ensuring alignment with the business and other IT functions. This person will be hands-on with strong infrastructure/cloud/security design and change management skills while developing a strategic direction to the global organization based on best practices.
- Responsible for the strategic direction, build and operation of the IT infrastructure for 19 locations, 350 users and nearly 1000 endpoints.
- Leads and directs all aspects NIST or CIS20 compliance ensuring minimal risk to a cyber-attack.
- Evangelizes on computing infrastructure and security best practices and industry standards as the resident champion of proactive, responsible, and ever-emerging computing and data security strategies.
- Manages vendor and vendor relationships that support the infrastructure and operations teams.
- Responsible for change management in infrastructure and operations.
- Acting as the CISO for the organization, develop and implement an information security program, which includes procedures and policies to protect the companies’ communications, systems, data, and assets.
- Build, test, and refine a Disaster Recovery strategy to ensure recoverability in the event of a crisis.
- Manages a world class, ITIL based, support center providing 24x7x365 support of our pharmacies as well as our patients and prescribers, as applicable.
- Build and execute departmental metrics and uptime statistics. Guarantee timely resolution of service incidents and completion of service requests.
- Has fiscal responsibility for infrastructures group including budgeting and actual group spend.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in IT management position.
- Solid understanding of open-source software solutions and cloud-based offerings and services.
- Proven experience in developing an infrastructure strategy and executing infrastructure change management principles.
- Experience with modern networking / firewall and storage technologies.
- Experience establishing and managing SOC and NOC standards, policies, and operating procedures.
- Experience in creating disaster recovery plans for both on premise and cloud infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge in driving NIST or CIS20 controls compliance.
- Experience leading cyber security remediation efforts a plus.
- Underlying skills that enables an employee to perform effectively on the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain ethics, integrity and confidentiality needs for human resources, including professional conduct and maintenance of a degree of separation between personal and professional relationships with other employees of the company.
- Experience working in a start-up or fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task daily preferred.
Applicants must be able to pass a background investigation prior to employment.
- Ability to continuously sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend or squat occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.