COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
OptioRx is a national chain pharmacy focused on providing best-in-class patient care in niche therapeutic areas including compounded custom medications for humans and animals, fertility, home infusion, hospice, and digital pharmacy services. We are a national provider with multi-state operations serving 47 states and Washington D.C., headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois.
At OptioRx we value team members with a committed confidence that supports our Core Values. Empowered – put trust in our people and empower them to succeed. Innovative – offer innovative solutions that target the growth and scale of OptioRx on a national stage. Efficient – drive efficiency by creating economies of scale and expertise. Accountable – own our commitments and the quality of our work while holding ourselves accountable to drive real results. Ethical – ensure unwavering integrity and business ethics. Energy – move fast with a sense of urgency and honest communication.
The Director of Engineering will build and lead an offshore engineering team dedicated to building a data warehouse, web portals, and Android and iOS apps. We are looking for a hands-on technologist that has experience building and managing an offshore team and has the technical skillset to be a hands-on coder. You will partner with our Product Manager to deliver on the product roadmap.
The Director of Engineering will work with other IT and business leaders, engineers, and others in the IT organization to deliver quality, standards-compliant software specifications and design.
- Build and manage an offshore engineering team.
- Directs, plans, and controls activities of the application programming area.
- Directs all phases of the system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development and/or integration, testing, and on-going maintenance of application programs.
- Determines and manage strategy for environment management, release management, systems support and other related processes.
- Continually research the current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Participates in the identification and selection of information technologies, vendors and/or consulting resources which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives. Includes managing vendor relationships, participating in contract negotiations, and ensuring adherence to requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in industry leading tools, open-source automation, and CI/CD tools/frameworks:
- Spring Framework, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, New Relic, Elasticsearch, Redis, Swagger, React, microservice architecture, Bitbucket, and Jenkins.
- 7+ years engineering experience preferably in web-based applications, Android, IOS, mobile, and cloud technologies
- Experience building and managing offshore teams with a minimum of 15 team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with various levels of internal and external business partners including, but not limited to peers, subordinates, management, and vendors.
Specialized Skills: Underlying skills that enables an employee to perform effectively on the job.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain ethics, integrity and confidentiality needs for human resources, including professional conduct and maintenance of a degree of separation between personal and professional relationships with other employees of the company.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Applicants must be able to pass a background investigation prior to employment.
- Ability to continuously sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend or squat occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.