COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
A national digital pharmacy, OptioRx, is focused on providing best-in-class patient care in niche therapeutics. These therapies include compound custom medications for humans and animals, in the areas of fertility, home-infusion, and hospice. Headquartered in Oakbrook, Illinois, we are a national provider where we service (serve) 48 states and Washington D.C. The OptioRx mission is to create and provide the highest quality care for patients by offering a broad range of pharmaceutical therapies. We are a committed partner to both patients and providers and are continually innovating. Our commitment to patient care results in improved access and speed to therapy by offering services via our proprietary technology and accredited pharmacies.
At OptioRx we value team members with a committed confidence that supports our Core Values. Empowered – put trust in our people and empower them to succeed. Innovative – offer innovative solutions that target growth and scale of OptioRx on a national stage. Efficient – drive efficiency by creating economies of scale and expertise. Accountable – own our commitments and quality of our work, while holding ourselves accountable to drive real results. Ethical – ensure unwavering integrity and business ethics. Energy – move fast with a sense of urgency and honest communication.
The Compounding Sales Representative is responsible for developing, implementing, and tracking a strategy promoting pharmacy products and services to referral sources so that pharmacy goals for business growth are achieved. This position represents OptioRx in the medical community, managing and nurturing relationships with targeted medical professionals in designated markets and with a goal of establishing and maintaining long-term business relationships with new and current customer base. The position requires innovation to implement strategy and process flow, as well as implement relationship management and operational best practices.
Relationships will be built by conducting effective office visits, presentations, attending conferences, and facilitating meetings to educate current and new physician partners on services offered by OptioRx. The Compounding Sales Representative will be responsible for the strategic messaging and positioning of OptioRx to each prospective referral group and to identify and report unmet needs and operational enhancement opportunities from the marketplace. This role will require significant amount of time in the designated market area(s).
Excellent strategic planning, organization, presentation, customer service and relational skills are required. Medical or pharmaceutical sales experience and experiences with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software is preferred.
The fundamental measure of success for the Compounding Sales Representative is new compounding prescription growth.
- Develops and maintains relationships with physicians and medical office staff targets in assigned key markets to meet growth goals in each market. Requires travel.
- Meets monthly and quarterly activity goals established for assigned territory for office visits
- Develop relationships and partner with physicians and clinicians to understand the motivations and unmet needs that currently create barriers to referrals and entry for OptioRx and identify opportunities to eliminate barriers.
- Maintain a portfolio of new referrals from targeted regions through building a network of prescribing physicians.
- Identify and attend medical conferences that align with market strategy
- Grow and maintain relationships with leadership teams of local professional associations.
- Follow up on specific questions or areas of interest and/or concerns expressed by physicians. Maintains an effective recording system to document calls, responses, and activities as required in a CRM.
- Research, identify, and target new business in the specific therapy space to create new growth opportunities
- Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
- Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future in conjunction with pharmacy staff
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively
- Work with the marketing team to brainstorm and target new audiences and providers not presently focused on
- Make technical presentations and webinars as needed
- Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events
- Working knowledge of the design tools and price calculations
- Research market requirements and market data
- Maintain knowledge of both company and competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Submit quarterly territory review, schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Company Culture and Core Competencies
- Be willing to learn additional niche therapies to expand territory in high growth and high velocity work environments
- Must submit monthly expense report and mileage log
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or a related field. Experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in health care, preferably in marketing or business development. Clinical and/or sales background desired.
- 2-3 years of experience working with medical professionals
- Experience with a high-quality consumer brand
- Valid Driver ‘s License
- Current and active vehicle insurance policy
- Proven track record of successful relationship building and nurturing
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry required, Pharmacy experience a plus
- Demonstrated sales success and other goal achievement
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and team building capability
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to extract pertinent information from data sources.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail and organization is a must
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to efficiently use computer systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, via email messages, and in person with customers, managers, and all coworkers
- Experience working with project management tools, such as Asana or Monday.Com, is preferred as well as CRM tools
- Must possess own vehicle to use for transportation between business related activities
Successfully pass background check prior to employment
- Ability to continuously sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.